A lot of people want to decorate their dining room according to the modern trends.But the main problem they face is that they don’t know how to light a dining room without ceiling light. This is something that we wanted to address for so long and now we have finally created a proper guide on it.
This guide includes the tips on how to light a dining room without ceiling light, and how to select the best dining light, our top picks of the best type of lighting for kitchen and dining room and more. So make sure to stick to the guide till the end to get the maximum value out of it.
How to light a dining room with no overhead lighting?
If you don’t have a ceiling light in your dining room then you might be thinking that you are unlucky, but that is not the case. If you look at the bright side,You will see that now you can use any type or design of light for your dining room, and your ceiling is also free from the old-school overhead light. So with that in mind, here are a few things that you can do if you want to know how to light a dining room without ceiling light:
So these are a few things that you can do if you are wondering how to light a dining room without ceiling light.
Here is a post >> Guide to Outside Light with Camera Built-in ” Best Security Solution “ . Hope you would love watching this.
Our top picks of romantic dining room lights
- ✔ Size: The diameter of the industrial globe pendant light is 11.81 inches, suggested Room Size: 5-8㎡. Hanging line is adjustable (max length of 51 inch), you can choose the suitable cord length...
- ✔ Geometric Aesthetic Design - All the 4 rings can be spinned around screws. Traditional design of ceiling pendant light, be SAFER & CONCISE.
- ✔ Safe and Secure - Hardwired. Open-air design of the black metal pendant lamp protects the bulb well and maximizes its light, and increases fashion charm. Well-package and users’ manual and...
- Industrial and Retro Style: clear handblown glass dome shade with oil rubbed bronze finish pendant light creates an industrial yet vintage accent; suitable for the kitchen island, coffee shop, bar or...
- Adjustable Height: comes with a 47.2 inch length black cord, can easily shorten it to your lighting need
- ETL listed for dry locations, this pendant light is hardwired, compatible with lower sloped ceilings, all hardware parts included for easy installation; shade can be removed for cleaning
- Classic Industrial & Modern Style: classic design with black barn shade makes it never out of time
- ETL listed, hard-wired, E26 based, bulb NOT included. The bulb is sold separately B01ESZP3SG
- Height Adjustable: H: 7.2inch, 12.2 inch in diameter; cord adjustable up to 47.24"
- One-light mini pendant with hand blown clear seeded glass shade and brushed nickel finish adds retro style
- May be installed on sloped ceilings, includes instructions and mounting hardware for easy installation
- Height 60-inches, Diameter 7-inches, Cord length 50 inches maximum
How many watts you need to light a dining room?
Now that you know how to light a dining room without ceiling light, you must be wondering, how many watts should you need according to the size of your dining room, right? Well, you are in for a treat because we are going to tell you the formula that you can use to calculate the number of watts needed for not just dining room but any room for that matter. So with that said, let’s move towards our formula;
Length of the room x width of the room x 1.5 = watts that you need to light a room
This is as simple as that. Just take the length of your room and the width, multiply them and then multiply the answer with 1.5 to get the number of watts that can light up your dining room. If you need further explanation, have a look at this example below:
Example: Let’s say that there is a room that is 16 ft long and 10 ft wide. If you multiply 16 by 10 according to our formula, then you get 160 not multiply it with 1.5 which will be 240. So this tells us that you need 240 watts to light up the room from our example.
How do I choose a light for a dining room?
Well, you can always refer to our list given below that can provide you with the best and the ideal lights for dining room. But if you want to know how to choose the best light for the dining room, then keep the following points in mind:
So these are a few things that you need to keep in mind when selecting the light for your dining room.
You might also like: >> How to Find best book lights for reading in bed that won’t disturb your partner . Hope you would love watching this.
How high should a light be above a dining table? & Where do you hang a dining room light fixture?
Different dining rooms have different heights of ceilings and tables so telling an exact number is not possible. And it also comes down to how high or low the light should be as per your unique needs. It should not be too high that can make it arduous for you to clean it.
Similarly, it should not be too low to make it hard for you to eat due to too much light on your eyes or bugs flying around it can fall in your food. But to give you a general idea, if you have a chandelier, it should be around 30 inches above your table.
Creative lighting Ideas for a dining room without any overhead light:
Now that you know how to light a dining room without ceiling light, you must be wondering where to get creative lighting for a room that has no overhead light. So whether you need table lights, floor lamps, or rustic dining room lighting, you can always use this list of top lights for a room without a ceiling:
- Unique Farmhouse Lights: Each rustic light is unique and will captivate your family and friends
- Complete Your Dream Home: Each rustic chandelier is majestic, making any room truly shine
- Rustic Light Fixtures Made in the USA: Every farmhouse light fixture is handmade in Philadelphia, PA
- Rustic vintage-industrial style six-light chandelier is perfect for entryways and dining rooms
- Two-tone barnwood and Oil Rubbed Bronze finishes add vintage appeal. Adjustable length for perfect positioning
- Uses six 40-watt candelabra-base light bulbs (not included), or for a vintage appeal use Westinghouse timeless or filament LED light bulbs
- Three-light indoor island Pendant with vintage-industrial details adds unique appeal
- 31-15/16 inches in height, 39-15/16 inches in Width, 12 inches in depth, 58-15/16 inches maximum hanging length, 31-15/16 inches minimum hanging length
- Uses three 60-watt medium-base light bulbs (not included), for a vintage appeal use Westinghouse filament LED light bulbs. Recommended Uses- Impressive down lighting for over a kitchen island,...
Modern dining room lighting ideas:
If you have a very modernistic dining room and you want to use the lights that are according to its whole decor, then you can go for the modern dining room lights given in the table below. We have personally selected all lights based on top reviews and the current light decor trends.
Dining room lighting ideas for low ceilings:
There are several lighting ideas for low ceilings and to help you decide what type of lighting you should go for if you have a low ceiling, we have outlined some ideas below:
- Lithonia Lighting 2 foot LED 120V fixture provides general illumination to bring bright and evenly distributed light into any room or application - length may not be exactly 24 inches so refer to spec...
- Long lasting LEDs are designed to last 50,000 hours or 23 years when on everyday for 6 hours/day - drastically reducing time wasted changing those hard to install tube light bulbs
- MULTIPLE APPLICATIONS - LED fixtures can be used almost anywhere from kitchens, offices and corridors to bedrooms, closets and utility work areas
- Finish: Metallic Bronze
- Lamp Type: Halogen
- Material: Steel
- ✔Bright and Natural Lighting: Albrillo cabinet lights can provide 350lm brightness to illuminate your night life. 4000K daylight white light creates an almost natural lighting atmosphere
- ✔ Full Dimmable: It can provide 10-100% smooth dimming, you can freely adjust the brightness to meet your different lighting needs
- ✔Remote Control and Memory Function: The remote control helps you easily turn on / off the lights and adjust the brightness. Memory function can be used with smart plug or timer, it will keep at the...
- HAND WAVE ACTIVATED! The Sensitive IR Sensor of our Under Cabinet Lights turn ON/OFF with a simple wave. Great for Busy Days in the Kitchen. No pesky remote control that gets dirty and bothers you...
- TOUCHLESS DIMMING CONTROL ! Hold your hand under the sensor to adjust brightness of all lights. No remote needed.
- ECONOMIC AND ECO-FRIENDLY. With a low energy consumption of 24W, EShine LED under cabinet lights will save you money and are environment friendly.
- EASY INSTALL DIY | These 10 panels can be used to complete a job, or added to other Inspired LED panels. They have a small sticky back or two places for screws (included). There are easy to follow...
- PREMIUM LIGHTS | Long life 10 years or more, 100,000 hours, Brighten up any room with Under Cabinet lighting LED. Inspired LED lights are small, powerful and have a very distinguished look to them....
- DESIGNED IN U.S.A. | Designed in Tempe AZ, Premium quality lights that transform any area into a high class room. This 10 Panel kit has over a $290 value. Backed by our amazing warranty and...
So these are top three ideas that we think will be perfect for a dining room that has a low ceiling.
Now you know how to light a dining room without ceiling light, you can easily create a visually appealing dining room lighting experience that not only your family but your guests will highly appreciate as well. The best part about our top picks for classic and modern room lights is that they can provide you with the best type of lighting for the kitchen as well. So you can literally decorate your kitchen and the dining room with the same type of lights.
Last update on 2020-08-08 at 05:16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API