If you are on a hunt for the best lights for food photography but don’t know what factors to consider, then don’t fret, we have got your back. This comprehensive guide will help you know a great deal about food photography lighting and the things to you need to consider to find the perfect one for yourself.
Plus, we will drop a few knowledge bombs in the form of food photography tips. So turn into a sponge because you will be absorbing loads of knowledge in this article:
If you are in A hurry! So Check reviews on Amazon Here:
keyenergypark.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost, By advertising Amazon.com
What do you need for food photography?
How do you make natural light for food photography?
If your studio or room where you shoot is not in the way of direct sunlight, you might struggle with keeping the light in your photography natural.Therefore, to help you get that right balance, we suggest you watch this video on natural light food photography tips.
This video will provide you insights into how you can achieve the light, similar to the natural one for awesome shots.
What to look for in the best lighting for food photography?
Are ring lights good for food photography?
This actually depends on what your end goal is. Ring lights are not commonly used for food photography lighting because they create distinctive shadows that usually work with portraiture and fashion shoots. Since you will need lights for indoor photography of food, you might not really like distinct shadows of the food.
Plus, ring lights as the main source of light on the lens can cause the food to only be lit from the front. So you might find a single directional source of light better, and you can fill it with reflectors for better results. But if you want, you can give ring lights a try and let us know how it goes.
Recommended artificial lights for food photography:
Food photography lighting setup:
Besides getting the best lights for food photography, you will also have to create a lighting setup using some modifiers and other equipment for professional results. Getting a soft box will help you have some better contrast, plus a reflector dish to beautify the contrast.
You will also need a diffuser to soften the light, and the reflector kit will help you play with light, and colors like silver reflector can brighten the food, while gold reflector can add some warmth.
Food photography ideas:
How to take pictures of food professionally?
Here are some of the food photography tips to help you UP your shooting game:
Awesome food photography Lighting tricks:
Best lens for food photography:
- 100 mm focal length and 1:2.8 maximum aperture. The EF1.4X II/EF2X II extenders cannot be used with this...
- Lens construction consists of 15 elements in 12 groups
- A perfect match for α7 series, 35mm full-frame E-mount cameras, 90mm Macro with a bright F2.8 maximum...
- Minimum Focus Distance : 0.92 ft (0.28 m), Maximum Magnification ratio : 1.0x, Focal Length : 90 mm. The...
- 【Transverse Center Column】Central column moves from 0 to 180 degrees, can be rotated...
- 【Strong Stability】25mm large diameter aluminum alloy tube,the load capacity can reach 22.04lbs...
- ❤ THE LATEST DESIGN, this lens coffee mug is made of food grade ABS plastic materials and...
- ❤ Unique Christmas Gift Idea🎁 and the Best Novelty Gift for your friend,especially for coffee lovers...
- Altura Photo Softbox Flash Diffuser for Shoe Mount Flash Units.
- EVEN LIGHTING: Reduces harshness and softens shadows. Features an additional internal diffuser for better...
Food photography backdrops:
The background of the food is as important as its own decoration because it makes the food pop. So to help you get the bang for your buck, we have listed some good ones below:
Now you know about the best lights for food photography and the things to keep in mind before getting food photography lighting, you will be able to make a better decision and get the highest value for your money. Plus, using some of our tips for lights for indoor photography, you can achieve some pretty good results too, so best of luck!
You might Also Like:
Last update on 2020-09-27 at 20:16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API