Wondering what the best lights for Christmas tree are? Or maybe you have the best Christmas tree lights, but you are not sure how to install them? Well, whatever reason has brought you here, you are now in safe hands.
We have a wealth of knowledge to share with you so you can crush it with your tree decorations this year.
In this comprehensive guide, we will shed some light (pun intended) on the best string Christmas lights, how to install them on indoor or outdoor trees, and much more.
So if you are excited to know everything about Led Christmas lights, then keep reading this guide until the very end.
You will find tons of value. With that being said, let’s get started:
What are the best Christmas tree lights?
When it comes to finding and getting the best lights Christmas for the tree, there are a few things you have to remember.
You need to know about the size, the type, and the safety of the lights to ensure you get the best Christmas tree lights. Have a look at a few important factors below:
• Best size Christmas tree lights:
When it comes to deciding which size of Christmas lights you should get, people often get confused because of several options out there.
They don’t know which size of light will be perfect for their tree that won’t seem too big or too small.
Well, if you are one of them, don’t fret, we are about to tell you the perfect sizes.
When it comes to trees, you only need to focus on two sizes, C7 and C9. Forget about the rest of them and only get any one or both of these sizes. As for the other areas like patio, get the G20, G30, G80, and G45 bulbs.
• Best Christmas lights for roofline:
Roofline needs a perfect combination of big and small lights to be able to light up the property.
If you don’t know which kind of bulbs you need to decorate your home’s roofline, then we suggest that you try out the C7 and C9 light bulbs that you will be using on the tree as well. The C7 has a size of 3.5cm in height and 2cm in width.
As for the C9 lights, they boast a size of 5cm in height and 3cm in width. So check how wide your roofline is and then decide which kind of bulb will be better suited for it.
You can also create custom displays by getting the best string of light Christmas for trees and combining them with C-bulbs.
• Safest Christmas tree lights:
When it comes to safety-related to lights in any kind of environment, you should know that LED lights are the best.
Christmas lights will be turned on for a good amount of time, maybe in both day and night time, so you need a light that doesn’t heat up easily.
Since the light will be connected to the tree and will be touching its branches, if it heats up too much, it can put the tree on fire.
Therefore, to ensure everyone stays safe, you need almost heatproof lights, and these are the LED Christmas lights. They have higher heat dissipation allowing them to stay cool even after long periods of operation.
- UL Certified
- Engery Star
- HIGH QUALITY - 200 LED stable mini string lights are made of 100% Commercial grade bulbs, widely use to...
- Extendable- 66 ft length (first light to last light)LED Multicolor String Lights with Safe Plug, could be...
- ✦ Same quality and length with better price：Come on a storage wheel withUL Safe Plug powered...
- ✦ For indoor&outdoor use: Lights can be utilized both indoor and outdoor without worry of rainy...
- 【8 Lighting Modes Controller With Memory Function】 Our upgraded string lights with 8 different...
- 【Long Lenth & End to End Expandable】Longer wire + more LEDs. This super long 105ft fairy string...
- [Warm White & Multicolor Color Changing] Comes With 3 Color Modes, You Can Set Multicolor Only, Warm...
- [END TO END CONNECTABLE] & [9 LIGHTING MODES] Each fairy light comes with an end-to-end plug, which makes...
How to put fairy lights on a tree?
Whether you are installing the fairy lights on an indoor tree or on the outdoor one, you need to know exactly how you can install them to achieve a perfect look.
So if you are excited to know how you can decorate your trees then keep the following things in mind:
- You need to start from the base of the tree with the very first light string. Make sure the side with the male plug is on the ground level so that you can easily connect it with the power cord.
- Now that the male end is closer to the ground, wrap the first string, and the female end should be on the upper side, take the second string, connect its male end with the female end of the first string and keep repeating the process until the trunk is covered.
- Make sure to tightly wrap the lights around the trunk to ensure that they will stay in place. You can also use the plastic cable ties to secure any wires that are loose or might become loose with time.
- Now when it comes to wrapping the fairy lights on the branches, you need to follow the same procedure but on the horizontal level. You need to keep the male end close to where the branch originates and wrap the strings around the branches. Secure the wires with zip ties if needed.
The procedure for installing them on an outdoor tree is simple, as we discussed above, but if you want to install them on an indoor tree, make sure to follow the steps mentioned in this video.
How many feet of lights for a 7ft tree?
The size of Christmas tree that you put inside your house will directly be dependent on how high your room is.
If the tree has a height of 7ft, then you need to know how many lights you can install on it to avoid overdoing things or underdoing them. Getting the end result that you or your family members don’t find very appealing can ruin the day.
So we are telling you a rule of thumb that you can use to install lights on any size of tree without having to hit the internet and finding out the quantity with respect to a specific size.
So for every foot and half of the tree, you can assume that you will install 100 lights. So based on this, you can install 400 to 500 lights on a tree of 7ft.
How many lights for a 6ft tree?
For a tree having a size of 6ft, we will follow the same approach that we used for the 7ft charismas tree. You can expect to install 400 lights in total.
This means 100 lights for every foot and a half. Many people use this general rule of thumb, and it definitely makes things easier when you are decorating your tree.
Just make sure to get the best lighting for the Christmas tree to ensure that all of them light up when it’s time to use them.
We suggest getting LED Christmas lights as they have a long life and are also very safe.
How to put lights on a fake Christmas tree?
So you have an artificial Christmas tree inside your house that you want to decorate, but you don’t know how you can exactly do that?
Well don’t fret, we are here to help you out and what you need to do is just follow these steps mentioned below; you should be able to decorate the tree in no time.
- Step 1: You need to first get the best string Christmas Lights that are not tangled, and all of them should be in working condition. Plug in each of the lights in the string and see if they are working or not, there should be no missing lights or burned out bulbs.
- Step 2: Now you need to start from the bottom of your Christmas tree and wrap the string lights around one branch at a time. Wrap down the strand until you reach the branch’s tip and then go back to the base. When you reach back to the end of the branch, take the same string to the base of the next branch and repeat the process.
- Step 3: Once you reach up the tree, you will have a good amount of light strand left, just hang it at the back of the tree where it will be covered with garland and various ornaments.
How to put on the Christmas lights on a large outdoor tree?
If you have the best Christmas tree lights ready, but you are not sure how to install them on your outdoor tree, then we have three methods for you. Since all of them cannot easily be written in steps, we thought of sharing a video with you instead.
So be sure to check this video and see how you can install the led Christmas lights on your outdoor tree in three innovative ways.
This is pretty much it, you now know what the best lighting for Christmas tree is, and why you need to use the LED Christmas lights. Plus, you also know how to install the best sting Christmas lights on both indoor and outdoor trees.
So now you know the important stuff, what you have to do is just find the top quality lights from Amazon, check all of them to ensure there are no defects, and then follow all the steps and tips in this guide to properly install them.
You might also like:
- How To Find The Best Bow-fishing lights for muddy water (Complete Guide)
- Complete Guide About The Best Portable Lighting kits for photography on the market
- The 10 Best Led Aquarium Lighting For Plants in 2020 – Top Picks & Reviews
Last update on 2020-09-27 at 08:09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API