Finding the best lights for the living room which have the combination of adequate brightness and beautiful design can be an arduous task. simply because most of the manufacturers focus more on design rather than the efficiency of light.
Therefore, through this guide, not only we will tell you lots of useful things about living room lighting fixtures, amount of light, ideas of lights for living room ceilings but also about the best living room lights that you can buy right now.
Let’s get started: If you are in A hurry! So Check reviews on Amazon Here:
keyenergypark.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost, By advertising Amazon.com
How can I improve the light in my living room?
How can you make the living room look bigger and brighter?
Which living room lights is better Cool White or WarmWhite?
Some may argue; light is light whether cool or warm, however, there is a difference between both. Cool white light provides you with a cleaner look that is best for modern kitchens and the areas where you need to make the space feel open and brighter.
And if we talk about warm light, it is better for people who prefer softer light. This type of light is well suited for areas such as lounges, and traditional kitchens with country-like vibes.
And as for best lights for living room, it really comes down to you, if you want brighter room, go with cool white light and if you need softer light, go with warm white.
Types of lighting fixtures producing ambient light for your living room:
There are different types of living room lighting fixtures and to provide you with an idea of some of the most popular ones, we have created a list below:
- Chandeliers that hang from the ceiling
- Pendants that also hang from the ceilings
- Scones at the sidewalls of the room
- Over-head, close-to-ceiling or flush fixtures
- Recessed lights fixed across the ceiling
- Ceiling fan with a light kit attached
These are some of the best lights for living room ceiling and walls, make sure to first see which kind of light source is best for your living room and then decide which one to get.
Top 10 picks of the brightest floor lamps to light a room:
Getting the living room floor lamps with beautiful design is a piece of cake, but getting the combination of brightness and beauty can be a challenging task. Therefore, we have shortlisted some of the best living room floor lamps with high efficiency and stylish looks, have a look at them below:
- 2-IN-1 STAND UP WOODEN ASIAN LAMP AND SHELVES: This tall freestanding lamp lends a soft ambient glow to contemporary spaces while providing a 3 tiered display shelving for added convenience. Style and...
- ALEXA COMPATIBLE GLOWING WARM LIGHT: The Brightech Maxwell works with smart outlets that are Alexa, Google Home Assistant (/Mini), or Apple SmartKit enabled, to turn on/off. (Requires smart outlet,...
- INDOOR OFFICE LAMP WITH 20 YEAR LIFE LED BULB: The Maxwell suits your office, meditation room, massage or spa room, den, dorm room, bedroom, foyer, or wherever you might need soft warm light and...
- INDUSTRIAL LAMP INCLUDES 3 EDISON STYLE LED BULBS GUARDED BY CAGES - Get that vintage factory / warehouse look with a lamp that mixes a bit of steampunk attitude with modern clean lines and minimalism...
- FREE STANDING, RUSTIC FARMHOUSE LAMP SUITS MANY DECORS: This compliment getting floor lamp features 3 lights reminiscent of beautiful teardrop tree ornaments. The shades have an outward reach of 9...
- WARM AMBIANCE; PEACEFUL ACCENT LIGHT: The Teardrop’s 3 lights emit a cozy glow that can make any space have that warm, welcoming feel, and make it great as a behind the couch, book lamp. Enjoy your...
- 【REMOTE CONTROL & TOUCH CONTROL】With the remote control, you can easily control the floor lamp without leaving the sofa and warm bed (with a 32.8/10m range).Add-on touch control, stepless...
- 【Using-Life Longer 20% than Others】With high brightness and low heat LED advanced technology, it has the brightness of a 200W incandescent lamp.Long-term use will not heat up as it's made up of...
- 【3 Color Temperature & Stepless Dimming】 In addition to stepless brightness adjustment,Joofo modern floor lamp has 3 different color adjustable temperature settings.Cold White,Natural White,Warm...
- The blackened bronze tones keep this piece understated but refined.
- It's paired with a hand-made seeded glass shade.
- The shade is hand made from seeded glass. Each shade is slightly unique due to the nature of seeded glass.
▶The 3-in-1 Cuboid Shelf Floor Lamp: With a TC lamp shade and a wood grain appearance,the 3-in-1 3-tiered cuboid 63inch height shelf floor lamp has a simple and elegant appearance which...
▶Fast Charging Function: The biggest innovation of the latest generation of shelf lights compared to previous models is the addition of 2 fast-charging 5V/2A USB ports and a power outlet,...
▶ Illuminating& Smart Surprise: This shelf floor lamp is equipped with an E26 base with the highest public acceptance to meet your local lighting requirements. You can choose a LED,...
- Floor lamp with 3 shelves for storage/display
- Pull-chain on/off switch
- Linen shade casts soft, warm glow
- CLASSIC FLOOR LAMP FOR LIVING ROOMS OR BEDROOMS - LOOKS GREAT WITH MOST DÉCOR, AND ESPECIALLY MID CENTURY AND FARMHOUSE: The Brightech Montage has a look allowing it to fit most decor types, from...
- BEAUTIFUL WARM READING OR ACCENT POLE LAMP FOR INDOOR SETTINGS: Stand up the Montage behind the couch to over hang your reading. Or enjoy the warm white (3000K) upright light as a cozy accent light in...
- ALEXA COMPATIBLE, TALL CORNER LIGHT FOR HOME AND OFFICE: Works with smart outlets that are Alexa, Google Home Assistant, or Apple HomeKit enabled, to turn on/off. (Requires smart outlet sold...
- Painted Finish
- White Plastic Shades
- Floor lamp uses 1 X 100W 3-way type A medium base bulb (not included)Reading light uses 1 X 60W type A medium base bulb (not included)
- UPRIGHT MODERN FLOOR LAMP SUITS RANGE OF LIVING ROOM DECOR: The Montage Modern has a neat design and fits easily in 90% of decor styles from mid century modern to traditional or contemporary décor....
- AMAZON ALEXA & GOOGLE HOME COMPATIBLE STANDING READING LIGHT FOR HOME OR OFFICE: Works with smart outlets that are Alexa, Google Home Assistant, or Apple HomeKit enabled, to turn on/off. (Requires...
- 5 FOOT TALL POLE LIGHT OVER REACHES A NURSERY CRIB, DESK, OR COUCH: Use this lamp like an arc lamp, having its arm over hang your sofa, armchair or desk. Weighing only 14 pounds (mostly in the base),...
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL: The lamp is integrated with high-quality Nature Rubber wood tripod, which is enduring, durable and aesthetic. It’s sturdy design makes it wobble free and safe to have around...
- STYLISH DESIGN: LEPOWER wooden tripod torchiere lamp fits in modern architecture and decor. It has a unique stem with three wooden holders that makes the lamp stable enough. It’s rounded linen lamp...
- BULB REQUIREMENTS: Bulb is not included in the package. With an E26 sized screw base, the bulb can be installed as desired. To get a better lighting effect, we suggest you using LED bulb 10W-12W,...
Living room lighting requirements:
You can get the best lights for living room within this range if you have the setting mentioned above and it would be enough for you. These can be fixed lights or in the form of lamps; the choice is yours.
Best modern Living room ceiling lighting ideas:
Here are the top three modern ideas of lights for living room ceiling that will make your guest go WOW:
Pendant lighting: Last but not the least, pendant provides your living room’s ceiling with a fancy look by dangling down through cords or chains. Though this type of light is typically used in the dining room, it will go well with the living room as well. Not only it is romantic, but it also provides sufficient light to the room.
These three living room lighting fixtures are further categorized into different types so take your time to explore each.
Living room lighting designs:
How to light a living room having no overhead lighting?
Option#1: Modern Look:
- 1Decide where the floor lamp will go while making sure that there is an electrical outlet in range.
- 2Plug in the lamp and adjust its angle according to your liking.
- 3Now you just need to relax and enjoy the light.
Option #2: Draping the Ceiling with Fairy Lights:
- 1Measure the ceiling and plan how you want to hang the lights.
- 2Now get the lights according to the length of the ceiling along with a sufficient amount of hooks for fixing them.
- 3Make sure to get the lights that plug into each other for your ease. Also, place marks on the ceiling where you want to place the hooks.
- 4Attach the hooks and then connect the light together to create a string, fix them in the hooks around the room and you are done.
- 5You can also connect them with remote for ease of use.
Living room lighting ideas low ceiling apartment:
Tall lamps for living room:
Finding the best living room floor lamps can be a bothersome task mainly because of hundreds of designs that can put you in decision paralysis. So to make it easy for you, we have selected the finest tall lamps for living room so you can choose from limited yet best options:
Modern chandeliers for living room high ceiling:
If you are looking for modern chandeliers for living room with high ceilings then you have a variety of options due to enough room to facilitate a medium-sized or even big chandelier. You can browse through Amazon for the modern chandeliers and get tons of ideas but make sure to get the chandelier that is according to the height of your ceiling.
An elongated chandelier will work well for living rooms with high ceilings because of the vertical visual space it will take up allowing people to clearly see its ornaments from the side.
You might Also Like:
Well that is all that we have for you on living room lights. Remember, the key contributing factor for the balance of brightness and beauty of your room is the combination of living room lights with the size and shape of your room. So make sure to take your time in going through the best living room lights suggestions in this guide, visualize them in your living room and then select the one that complements your room.
Last update on 2020-07-07 at 13:05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API