Do you want to know how to improve office fluorescent lighting? Well, you’ve reached the right place.
This guide will drop so much knowledge bombs related to fluorescent light bulbs that by the end of it, you will be ready to give a lecture on the subject.
If you are in A hurry! So Check reviews on Amazon Here:
keyenergypark.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost, By advertising Amazon.com
How do you deal with bright office lights?
If you want to know how to improve office fluorescent lighting that is too bright then we have a few tips up our sleeves, have a look at them below:
You can also use some special fluorescent light covers to decrease the brightness but then again, all of your office mates need to agree to this.
Why do offices usually have harsh fluorescent lighting instead of softer light bulbs?
Before we move towards discussing how to improve office fluorescent lighting in 5 tips, you need to know why offices have fluorescent lights in the first place. Well, the simple answer is because they are better than incandescent lights.
The incandescent lights would consume 60 watts to generate 8-900 lumens while the compact fluorescent light fixture can do the same in just 15 watts or less.
This saves office expenses which reflect on profits. Plus, the fluorescent lights have a higher lifespan than incandescent, so that’s a plus as well.
Now you must be thinking, why not shift to LED then? Well yes, LEDs are better than fluorescent in many ways, but they are costlier as well. Therefore, businesses opt for fluorescent lights for their low upfront costs.
Office lighting guide: How can I improve the lighting in my office in 5 simple tips?
Wondering how to improve office fluorescent lighting? Well, we have some awesome tips for you to get the best out of your fluorescent lighting for office space, have a look at them below:
- 1Use CFL: The compact fluorescent light bulbs offer better light, colors and energy-saving, and the best part is that they are very cheap, so your upfront cost won’t be very high. You can just screw these bulbs into standard sockets so no need to get special fluorescent light fixtures.
- 2Use Natural Light: You cannot deny the benefits of natural light. It is better than any kind of artificial light, plus it is better for your eyes too. So try to let the light from the window in and only use enough compact fluorescent light bulbs that make up for the remaining amount of light needed in office after getting the natural light.
- 3Purposeful Lighting: Different areas in the office require different kinds of lights. It is imperative that lighting is used as per the need. This means if you put too strong lights on the ceiling that are illuminating the whole desks of employees, it can lead to glare. This will have a negative impact on people’s health. So keep the lumen count in mind with respect to the size of the office space.
- 4Install a Control System: One of the benefits of using the control systems for lights is that they can save energy. If the natural light is enough for the office, you can dim the bulbs, which will obviously save energy. Plus, your employees can adjust the light amount as per their needs and convenience, which will increase work efficiency as well.
- 5Zone Different Areas with Lights: You can also use different types of fluorescent lighting for office space to focus on different parts of the office. For instance, over-sized pendants can be used to illuminate large tables like in conference rooms, and spotlights can illuminate stairs or corridors etc.
If you have already lights in place and you want to reduce their glare, you can use fluorescent light covers to do so as well.
Can our office lighting be too bright?
Now that you know how to improve office fluorescent lighting, you might be thinking of placing lots of them in the office which will also make the lights very bright and in our opinion, it’s not a good idea. Too much light can cause eye strain leading to headaches and overall lower productivity.
Now we cannot suggest you how many lumens your office space needs as we don’t know how big it is. However, we would suggest that you use a dimmer with your fluorescent light bulbs to adjust the light to a level where it is not too bright and not too dim as well.
And if your lights don’t have dimmer, but you want to bring their brightness down, you can use some fluorescent light covers as well.
What kind of fluorescent bulbs are best in an office environment?
There are different kinds of fluorescent light bulbs that are used in office space, but we suggest you use CFL (compact fluorescent light) bulbs which are more energy-efficient and last longer than incandescent bulbs.
As for the color temperature, we suggest you get a bulb that has a closer to 4200k temperature, which is cooler than a desk lamp but warmer than daylight.
This kind of light is more convenient for eyes, and many offices use it as well.
Do fluorescent lights use a lot of electricity?
However, if we use incandescent lights, you can expect to get 800 lumens in 60 watts. Now you can be the judge of which one uses a lot of electricity.
How to make fluorescent lights look better?
If you want to know how to improve office fluorescent lighting in terms of looks, then we suggest that you use some fancy fluorescent light fixtures. They come in different styles, and you can select the one as per your office setting to make it pop.
Secondly, you can use some fancy fluorescent light covers or films with different designs or colors to make a glowing scenery out of it. These things can not only make the lights look better but add to the décor of your office as well.
Is there any advantage to using fluorescent light bulbs with the advent of LEDs?
There is no doubt that LED lights are better than fluorescent lights in terms of longevity and energy efficiency.
However, LED lights come with a pretty hefty price tag. So if you are installing lights in the whole office but don’t have much money, getting LED lights can put a dent on your budget.
As for the compact fluorescent lights, they are not that bad. They are energy efficient as well, plus they have good light spread and colors. And the best part is that you can get them at a more affordable cost.
- 65 WATT SUPER HIGH LUMEN BULB - 300 Watt replacement; Provides 4000 Lumens of output; Bright 4100K color; Lasts 10,000 hours
- EXTRA LARGE T5 SPIRAL DESIGN - Emits a cool white light; Instant on; E26 medium base
- SUPER BRIGHT LIGHT - Ideal for use in large ceiling fixtures, recessed ceiling lights; Great for porches, decks, plant growing and agriculture, photography, workshops, auditoriums, hospitals,...
- Dusk to dawn photocell
- Sturdy, cast aluminum weather resistant housing
- 10-Inch clear acrylic diffuser with aluminum reflector
- Light bulb
- Energy star rated
- 10,000 life hours
What type of lighting is best for offices?
Best lighting for office with no windows:
- 【MORE ENERGY SAVING】Bright light and uses less energy, which cut your electric bill over 70%. This 4ft led wraparound light fixture provides over 7200lm equivalent to 160W traditional lights.
- 【BETTER DESIGN】Acrylic prismatic lens wraps around the fixture to maximize light output and distribution, and unique design styles will make your space looks more elegant.
- 【EASY INSTALLATION】 Simple to replace your fluorescent light fixture or make a new installation. You also can assemble these led office ceiling lights in line together up to 20 with Knock out the...
- Multiple Colors: Led Strip Lights with 44 Key IR Remote Controller, provide the primary Red, Green, Blue (RGB) and white, and also 16 multicolored options to DIY your favorite color to decorate your...
- Perfect Decoration: Govee color changing strip light is a perfect house ornament, transforms your living room, bedroom, home, kitchen, ceiling, back of TV, desk, stairs and more with colored lights....
- Stick Firmly, Easy Install: Professional and stronger 3M adhesive is good to solve the strip's falling problem, firmly stick light strips on wall or TV with the extra 3M adhesive clips. You can cut...
- 💡 SUPERIOR BRIGHTNESS - Airand 2FT LED ceiling light provides superior brightness with 1800LUX and 5000K cool white light, and restore to the original color with 80Ra CRI. 18W (150W equivalent) low...
- 💡 PREMIUM QUALITY - Durable PC and anti-rust aluminum built to last. Stable performance with CE/ROHS certifications. Airand led under cabinet lights provides uniformed bright light without...
- 💡 WIDELY USED - Upgrade Waterproof IP66 led shop lights with plug, definitely a good choice for wet and damp location (indoors or outdoors). 180° wide beam angle and 120 pieces lamp beads provides...
- ✔ ENERGY SAVING - Replace less-efficient fluorescent light fixture with a 8000 lumens output at 72 watt 4ft LED Wraparound light. Energy Savings of up to 70% electric bill instantly. Provides 50,000...
- ✔ LINKABLE - Knock outs on ends and assemble the lights in line together (up to 20). Easy set up with these 4ft led office light ceiling. Just attach it your wall or ceiling, connect the wiring as...
- ✔ DURABLE - ETL Certified. Made from high quality materials, use constant current driver with high precision and high efficiency. No disturbing flickering, no inadequate lighting, stable...
- 👍 【PREMIUM QUALITY & LONG LIFE】 Square surface mount ceiling light led lampshade is made of ABS+PC material, durable enough to prevent from damage, quality and well made, lasts over 30,000...
- 👍 【WATERPROOF & SPLASHPROOF】 With IP44 waterproof rating, water splashing against the enclosure. You can rest assure that it can works quite well in your bathroom or anyplace with water...
- 👍 【NO FLICKER & PROTECT YOUR EYES】 The color rendering index (CRI) of flushmount led ceiling light is up to 80Ra, restore to the original and real color. Eye-protective design, by adopting the...
Now that you know how to improve office fluorescent lighting in your office, all that remains is you get the lights from Amazon and also some cool fluorescent light fixtures if you want to add to the décor. And don’t worry too much if you mistakenly get a higher amount of lumens than needed, you can always use a fluorescent light fixture to reduce glare.
Last update on 2020-07-07 at 03:05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API